Check it out:
For the Fancy: I allowed myself to use some of my all time favorite pattern paper for the card base and even went a bit crazy making 3d die cut flowers. A new trick for me was to use a magnet to hold the card closed. This made the card easily opened and makes it stand up nicely.
For the Fun: I really liked the idea of juxtaposing a beautiful card with snarky sentiments. Luckily for me, the Funny Bones line is chock full of them. Hehe
I narrowed down my choices to Wondering Midge, Happy Birthday Old Friend, and Damn Girl. What do you think? Did I succeed in fancy and fun? Let me know in the comments.
Have a great day!
Before I go, I want to share with you the Riley & CO and Prickley Pear DT Call! Details below.
DESIGN TEAM CALL
We are looking for 8 creative card and scrapbook artists that would love to join the Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps Design Team or the Riley & CO Design Team!
How to apply:
Send us 3 samples in JPEG format of cards or scrapbook samples that showcase your best works, along with a link to your blog.
Please include your name, address and e-mail and a short paragraph about yourself telling us why you would be a great fit for Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps/Riley & CO. Please also include any other design teams you are a member of.
You have until June 15th, 2016 to apply for the design team. We will review all applicants and on June 22nd, we will contact you via e-mail to let you know if you have been accepted or not. Announcements of our new DT members will be made on our blog, Facebook Page, website and email on June 25th.
- Commitment of 12 months (1 year) required, from July 15th, 2016 to July 15th , 2017.
- 3 monthly submissions to the PPRS offices required by the 15th of each month. All submissions become property of PPRS/R&C.
- A minimum of 4 postings (one per week) featuring PPRS/R&C products on your blogs. Posting to Splitcoast is appreciated!
- You will be required to submit your digital pics with instructions each Saturday to the PPRS Yahoo Group/R&C Facebook group.
- As a design team member, you will also be working with products that have not been officially released to the public. You cannot post those projects to your blog until the products are officially released on the PPRS/R&C blog and website.
- When submitting cards, layouts and altered projects, we do require that you use only the Prickley Pear/Riley & CO line of stamps and dies but you can use any tools, embellishments and accessories.
- Each stamp you receive will need to be used at least one time. Using more than one stamp on a card is fine.
- We also require that you participate in the fun stuff - like our new release blog parties and occasional sketch challenges.
- Engaging on Facebook and sharing posts is also HIGHLY recommended.
Prickley Pear and Riley & CO
You will have a bio and photo on our website with links to your blog and Facebook page from our website and blog.
All the stamps, dies and product we send you will be yours to keep!
You will also receive an exclusive 25% discount on all other merchandise you would like to purchase during your 12 month contract as a Prickley Pear Designer.
We are excited to hear from you!
Submissions for Prickley Pear email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submissions for Riley & CO email us at email@example.com
We hope to hear from you!